The September/October edition of Policy magazine contains articles from leading thinkers in academic and policy communities about higher education in Canada and universities’ role in creating a more prosperous, inclusive and innovative Canada.
This issue was sponsored by Universities Canada.
Opinion articles by university presidents:
- Canada’s universities as incubators of excellence, Elizabeth Cannon, chair of Universities Canada and president, University of Calgary
- Three key steps to becoming an innovation nation, Paul Davidson, president, Universities Canada
- Science, technology, society: universities at the forefront, Robert Proulx, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- Making the world our students’ classroom, Amit Chakma, Western University
- Attracting and cultivating talent for the fourth industrial revolution, Suzanne Fortier, McGill University
- Closing the gender gap at Canadian universities, Vianne Timmons, University of Regina
- Making universities Canada’s innovation accelerators, Andrew Petter, Simon Fraser University
About Universities Canada
Universities Canada is the voice of Canada’s universities at home and abroad, advancing higher education, research and innovation for the benefit of all Canadians.
Assistant Director, Communications
Universities are advancing technology through international partnerships
Universities Canada's response to Minister Miller's announcement on international student caps
How international research partnerships are helping us tackle world health issues
Canada’s post-secondary institutions to help empower African students with the first 14 BCDI 2030 projects