Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a Sales and Marketing Manager to identify and pursue new revenue generation opportunities, in particular for multi-platform advertising services for University Affairs/Affaires universitaires (UA/AU) and UniversityStudy.ca. In addition, the incumbent provides oversight to the career advertising and sales operations of UA and helps plan, design and execute circulation and audience development campaigns.
Education and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Demonstrated business development or ad sales experience.
- Prior experience working in publishing, an asset.
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong knowledge of sales prospecting, digital and social media marketing, campaign measurement and reporting.
- Knowledge of presentation techniques and software.
- Strong written communication skills, in English.
- Excellent oral communication skills in both official languages including strong ability in public speaking.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Knowledge of the Canadian higher education sector, an asset.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of two days per week.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $82,559 to $98,039 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for the children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by February 4, 2024. Email address: [email protected].
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
X (formerly Twitter): @univcan
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.