(one-year term position)
Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a Microsoft systems developer to be responsible for providing technical development on the Microsoft platform and for providing technical support and advice to the staff members at Universities Canada on how to best optimize the system to support their work. As a member of the Information Technology team, they are responsible to support, advise and champion the efficient flow of information within the organization while adhering to privacy and security policies.
Education and experience
- An undergraduate degree or college diploma, preferably in management information systems, business analysis or computer science.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in providing technical solutions in a client-oriented environment.
- Prior experience working in a scrum-style environment.
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Power Platform, Dynamics 365, HTML, CSS and PHP programming languages.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English; oral bilingualism a strong asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet firm deadlines.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently.
- High degree of tact and strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of two days per week.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $63,707 to $75,633 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for the children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by November 16, 2023. Email address: [email protected].
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.