Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization serving university presidents and providing a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation.
Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
As one of Canada’s premier advocacy and member organizations, we are seeking an accomplished, bilingual, results-oriented leader to join our team as the Director, Information Management and Information Technology.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will use your superior leadership and your solid understanding of information technology, business applications, databases and cybersecurity to oversee the information management and information technology teams in achieving their mandate.
As a member of the Senior Management Committee, you will contribute to setting the strategic direction of the organization, developing management policies and evaluating progress on organization-wide priorities.
You will be responsible to lead and execute the information management (IM) and information technology (IT) strategies in order to support Universities Canada’s priorities and the needs of staff members. This includes strategic planning, overseeing, coordinating and implementing a broad range of activities related to IM and IT business policies, processes and cybersecurity.
- Oversee the association’s information technology and cybersecurity functions including risk management and evaluation.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement IM and IT solutions to improve business processes.
- Manage all IM and IT policies and procedures, particularly those for information security, electronic devices and records management.
- Oversee the annual operating budget and participate in budget planning exercises.
The ideal person for this role is:
- a proven strategic thinker with 8+ years of progressive experience in IT;
- tenacious and can easily translate ideas and strategies into concrete plans and action to achieve desired outcomes;
- an excellent leader who creates an enabling environment for team members to excel;
- an experienced manager of people, projects and budgets;
- diplomatic in responding to internal and external clients and audiences.
Your skills and abilities include:
- a strong technical background including knowledge of the latest information technology concepts and developments;
- holding a university degree, ideally with courses in information systems or project management;
- demonstrated knowledge of privacy and security requirements for organizations including prior experience responding to security incidents;
- solid understanding of relational database structures, principles, and practices;
- prior experience with managing data, information access and delivery methods;
- working knowledge of web platforms, servers, and content management technologies;
- proven project management experience;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- strong judgement;
- experienced in building high performing and empowered teams while thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- a recognized cybersecurity designation such as CISSP, an asset;
- bilingualism, an asset.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of two days per week.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $106,988 to $135,523 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation (five weeks after two years of service), an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1. This opportunity will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified. Email address: [email protected].
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
X (formerly Twitter): @univcan
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/universities-canada-/
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.