University Affairs is Canada’s most authoritative source of information about and for Canada’s university community. Founded in 1959, University Affairs provides breaking news, provocative commentary, and in-depth articles about university trends, as well as practical advice and tools to help your career, whether you’re a university administrator, faculty member or graduate student.
We are currently recruiting for a digital content creator to be responsible for managing the daily digital presence of University Affairs/Affaires universitaires (UA/AU) – THE source of information about and for Canada’s university community. The incumbent plays a key role within University Affairs integrated content strategy, ensuring the digital platforms align with the editorial mission and reflect the tone, look and feel of the UA brand.
If you are right for this opportunity, you will possess the education and experience listed below:
Education, experience and knowledge
- University degree in journalism, publishing or related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience working in digital media production.
- Prior experience working in podcast production.
- Advance knowledge of Canadian Press style standards.
- Solid understanding of SEO and social media best practices and the podcast industry.
- Familiarity with best practices in web writing and editing.
Skills & abilities
- Creative thinker and idea generator, with an aptitude for gauging readers’ needs and interests.
- Ability to understand a broad readership of graduate students, faculty and administrators.
- Ability to work quickly and tactfully in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently.
- High degree of judgment, discretion and insight.
- Bilingualism an asset.
The position is based in Ottawa, Ontario. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of two (2) days a week.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $63,707 to $75,633 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by October 26, 2023. Email address: [email protected].
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.