Universities Canada is the voice of Canadian universities, at home and abroad. We are a membership organization providing university presidents with a unified voice for higher education, research and innovation. Universities Canada advances the mission of our member institutions to transform lives, strengthen communities and find solutions to the most pressing challenges facing our world.
We are currently recruiting a communications officer who will be responsible for implementing effective communications strategies in support of Universities Canada’s advocacy work and other priorities through a variety of digital platforms and other channels.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create engaging, persuasive and relevant content for the organization.
- Analyze success according to key performance indicators and monitor social media channels.
- Identify new opportunities to advance Universities Canada`s strategic goals.
- Work with staff members in the organization on a variety of communications products including presentations, remarks, data visualization.
- Contribute to the ongoing implementation of Universities Canada’s audience-centered communications strategy.
The ideal person for this role will possess the education, experience and knowledge listed below:
- An undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Two to three years of relevant experience.
- An accomplished writer with excellent written communication skills in English and verbal skills in French.
- Ability to develop, plan and design printed material.
- Knowledge of social media management and analytics.
- Ability to execute creative communication strategies.
- Prior experience working with email marketing and mass email software.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Ability to deliver high quality work with scrupulous attention to details.
- Experience working with Canva and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the Canadian political landscape and postsecondary education sector is a great asset in this role.
The position is based in Ottawa. Universities Canada has adopted a hybrid work model where employees are expected to work in the office a minimum of two days per week.
The salary range for this position starts at $66,271 depending on experience. Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the candidate would be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Universities Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes four weeks of vacation, an attractive pension plan, group insurance, free gym membership and scholarships for children of our employees.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae and a cover letter to the human resources service, Universities Canada, 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 1B1 by February 20, 2024. Email address: [email protected].
To learn more about us, visit us at www.univcan.ca or find us on social media.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Universities Canada promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Universities Canada provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Universities Canada respectfully acknowledges that our offices are situated on the traditional lands of the Algonquin Anishinaabeg people.